LIFE CHANGING — this is how i sum up my 2010. i left a high-paying job that made me unhappy and immersed myself in the world of the unknown, visited Bangkok and finally rode an elephant, invested a bit in the retail business which is enough to sustain my savings for the year and by the end of the year, both my sisters moved out of the house leaving me as an only child to my parents. i must say if this was how my 2010 went then God must be preparing me to conquer the world by 2011. so 2011, bring it on! ♥
as with the many changes in my life last 2010, my family and i celebrated new year’s eve differently this year too. my mom and i finally got over the melodrama and were well-prepared for our new year’s eve feast. instead of eating at home though while counting down for the new year, we ate early and drove up to one of the mountain subdivisions here in Cebu to watch the fireworks all over the city. the city was in a fog of firework smoke and looked like it was on fire with all the lights. it was amazing.
my friends and i then met up at penthouse to party til’ sunrise. unfortunately though, the party ended a little early at pent and the dance floor was half empty by 4AM. we headed straight to vudu and danced til’ the sun had risen and our feet got so sore they became numb. original plan was to drink til’ we drop but we were so sober when we got home that we ended up eating home-made sushi at our place before packing up and sleeping at 7:30 AM.
i hope all of you had a blast on your new year’s celebrations! have a great year ahead!
ps. aren’t my sister’s aldo strappy sandals just beautiful? so jealous.
polka maxi dress – platinum mall, bangkok
black studded wedge booties – ebay find
white fedora hat – pratunam, bangkok
necklaces: round engraved – gifted from gelie | angel wings – carbon find
bangles – carbon finds
rings – platinum mall, bangkok
2010 was such a crazy rollercoaster for me that i sure am glad it’s over. one of the few things i am thankful for though is my family (as always), my friends — old and new and that i have sustained a year with this blog because of all of you lovely readers. ♥ ♥ ♥
my wish for everyone this 2011 is more laughs, more loves, more will to live our lives to the fullest, to follow our dreams and wear our passion.
and without further adieu, i’d like to announce the winners of the 3 awesome giveaways from fashion to figure, shopbop and shabby apple. winners were chosen via random.org.
congratulations to all of you!
i am wringing with envy here.LOL. anyway, i have e-mailed each of you and copying in on the point of contacts for each store. please do coordinate with them regarding your prizes. ♥
my polka dots may seem cliche for new year’s but not for the superstitious and those who love polka. they say that polka dots or round things on new year mean you get more cash for the year…*crossing my fingers* it’s my 3rd year wearing polka for new year’s eve (see photos below)…and so far, i’m loving it.
it’s the first new year’s eve not spent with my family and although i’m crushed as are all my agents, we did try to make the most out of it. we brought food to the office and i bought them all horns to toot when the clock strikes 12. so we stood under the drizzle and screamed and tooted outside the building, looked at the fireworks from our windows when we got back to our floor and ate as much as we could. and now i’m home, eating chocolate cake while everyone is asleep. *sigh*
here are my past polka new year’s:
new year at vudu (2008)
new year at waterfront hotel (2009)
polka shift dress – thrifted
black tights – hanes
black peep-toe booties – celine (a gift from harry)
long necklace – a gift from ivy
rings – props
like all the year – ender blogs, i will attempt to write about 2007 and how it was for me.
- my year of new loves (and lusts..hahaha!), beach bummin’, crazy football practice drills, new found friends to treasure forever, heartaches, betrayal, out of the blue road trips at dawn, unexpected kisses, music surge from my ipod, drunken drunken nights, pizza overload, falling asleep while driving, believing in love again
- the year i learned that when bad things happen to me or when the situation falls short from what i expected, it means that greater things are bound to happen
- when i became a dark angel and it was a turning point from there on
- i failed the trainer’s demo in etelecare but got accepted to QA which led to my promotion as TOIC
- when i was infatuated with my best friend’s ex which led to a betrayal by my little sister but now my friendship with her is stronger than ever
- the first time a camped out in a tent for 2 nights and 3 days with nothing to depend on but the water we can buy from the stores outside the resort and rubber-chicken — a 2007 holy week in bantayan with canence!
- when i dated a long time friend which led to another heart ache but one which i don’t regret because now we are still very good friends
- when i celebrated my 23rd birthday with more friends that i could ever imagine and had the longest birthday at work — people were greeting me all week
- when i was at the prime of my football career and was awarded best defensive line in my team for having the most sacks and tackles for the 4 years i’ve been playing the sport
- when i went on my first manila trip ever with four guys and felt so taken cared of
- when my little sister graduated and i’ve never felt more old..hehe.
- when i took my first ferry boat ride to mactan island — one of the most amazing 15 mins i’ve had in my life
- the year when i sold my most-loved vintage volkswagen which i named “stacey”
- had the most trips to the beach in a year — malapascua, daanbantayan, moalboal, bantayan, el salvador in danao and even the small beaches in liloan
- the year when i had to let go of a long time love because nature failed me and i had my ligament torn on my right knee — the year i had to stop playing football after 4 years
- the year when i traded vudu or loft to more chillout places like sizzling buddha, crib, baseline, cheavers, handuraw, friends’ house — marianne’s, tessa’s, gammy’s
- growing up to be a more responsible adult when i took the responsibility of paying for house bills and giving allowances to my mom and dad
- when i established a bank account which i could call my own back-up plan
- tried being awake for more than 30 hours and still survived
- first over-night stay at marriot with long-time friends — tha’ thugs
- just when i almost stopped believing that magic can happen to me, i found a boy who made me feel happy and loved
- the year when 12 people made me feel stressed, cared for, angry and mad all at the same time — i handled my very first team in etelecare
- multiple drives to home where i find myself thinking about my life and the lives of others
- the year i was closest to God when i finally accepted that everything not only happens for a reason but for a purpose
- the year when i forgave myself for letting go of my first love
- the first christmas and new year where i felt so at peace, i was almost complete