i mentioned on my previous post that my friend, Karen and I are planning to make our month-long work break more memorable by doing things we’ve never done before. here’s the first five things we are going to do:
- EAT TUNA SASHIMI. i have never eaten raw tuna. although i do eat salmon but i have always found the darker meat color of the tuna revolting.
- LEARN TO COOK A FILIPINO DISH. i do know how to cook as long as there is a recipe so i know how to cook italian or thai food but i have never learned how to cook a filipino dish. filipino food is the way to a man’s heart, is what they say.
- PEEL AN ORANGE. yes, peeling an orange is the most normal thing in the world and it’s weird why i haven’t done so. well, try being a 6-year old who ate a dozen oranges with your cousin and ended up getting sick because of it. i mean, really really sick that every time you smell an orange, you feel nauseous.
- GO KARTING. the kartzone race track has been in cebu for quite some time but i never got around to tryng it. now is the time!
- EAT A BALUT. a balut is the infamous fertilized duck that is boiled and eaten in its shell. i have eaten balut before but only the young one, with the regular yolk and balut soup. the one i have yet to try is the 16-day old and above balut that already has formed duck embryo so you can see its bill, feet and some feathers. my sister aimee, believe it or not, loves this food and i am too chicken to eat it. haha! good luck!
day-end posts will be made right after we’ve undergone one adventure. we shall commence next week!
image credits: tuna sashimi – http://fotobank.ru/image/SF14-2902.html | pork sinigang – http://www.thephilippineisland.com/philippine-recipes/filipino-sinigang-na-baboy-sour-soup-pork-recipe.html | orange peel – http://www.ilivechocolate.com/only-5-pds-for-an-hour-of-zesting/ | karting – http://www.cebudirectories.com/kartzone | balut – http://jbw53191.blogspot.com/2009_01_01_archive.html