you cannot imagine how excited i am about this! i am literally shaking! all the more because when i received the e-mail from claire sulmers of vogue.fr saying that i was featured in TOUR THE WORLD IN 45 BLOGS, it was 3AM here and i couldn’t tell anybody else besides my big sister who’s still awake and harry.
i received an e-mail from vogue.fr that i was in consideration for inclusion in a roundup of international fashion blogger in Paris Vogue’s website: vogue.fr in March 26, 2010. i have this sort of paranoia from jinxing something so i contained my excitement and kept it from you guys until it was sure! believe me, i only told my family about it and my sisters helped me pick out my photo while harry proof-read my answers. although they did not post all the answers i provided, here is what i sent them (one item you might be familiar with because i posted about it in the city we love):
- Why did you start blogging? — I took the plunge into fashion blogging last November 2009 because I wanted to connect to this growing community where personal style is immensely showcased. I have always been into fashion, even as a kid and have always believed that style is not about what is dictated in fashion magazines nor based on what stars wear but should be based on instinct, the environment, on one’s mood and lifestyle. Fashion blogging allowed me to express myself and my style in ways I did not expect.
- What inspires you and informs your blog? —- Being in a tropical country and specifically on an island city, I am most inspired by our culture, history and environment. I love the colors that surround me, the beach and the mountains that are both just 30 minutes away from the city. I am inspired by how our city is developing yet we still maintain this serene and chill atmosphere. Other than fashion, what informs my blog are my thoughts, feelings and experiences. I always make sure that my blog is not solely about my outfit but also about my life.
- How would you describe your style? — My style is a mix of bohemian, vintage and a pinch of rock.
- What fashion items are on your spring wish list? And why? — Cebu doesn’t have spring as our country only experiences two kinds of weather — sunny and rainy. March just kicked off summer here and my spring / summer fashion wish list would be: (1) Beaded / Studded Sandals — this is the season for the beach, swimsuits and and what better way to complement them than bling on my feet. (2) Hindi Bangles — I got 2 sets from a co-worker from India and fell in love with them. They are so intricate and colorful. I could pile on bangles the whole season. (3) Ray Ban Wayfarers — They are versatile and have been on my wish list any other season since forever. (Note: I am not too keen on brands or . I love to thrift and I love vintage.)
- What do you do in real life? — I am in the BPO industry and have been in this industry for 4 years now. I am currently a Team Leader for a customer service / back office group and have 20 people under my wings. I lead, develop and help my agents not just to be their best at their work but also in real-life. Given this environment, my constant challenge and inspiration (fashion-wise) is to stand out among a sea of greys and blacks through my style. And yes, I wear the outfits I post on my blog to work, everyday.
thank you vogue paris!
and most of all, thank you to everyone of my readers and followers who read, comment and support this blog everyday. seriously, i wouldn’t have done this without you.
i am happy because for me, this means that my style has a point and it got across. and that this blog makes sense. *big smile*